Wednesday, October 3, 2012

(FYI...Sister Fisher mentions General Conference in her blog.  It is the semi-annual Conference of our Church, where we can listen to our leaders' wonderful talks, and hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir also!  Feel free to watch, too.  The Sessions are held Oct 6th & 7th at 10am and 2pm Mountain Time. The Choir also performs on Music & The Spoken Word on Sunday at 9:30am. The live General Conference broadcast will be available from the following sources:
 
 Tuesday, October 02, 2012
Transfer 2 week 5: wow... time really flies flies flies-- GENERAL CONFERENCE WEEK!!! AHHH!!! :)
 
Family and Friends!

Wow do I love y'all!!!! Thank you for all the support and letters and prayers.

So time is short (as usual it seems...) But I wanted to tell you about some experiences I've had this week. I love being a missionary and I am so excited!

 One is a story Sister C from China told in her talk on Sunday at Church .It was neat too because I was able to direct a sister missionary choir and it was really beautiful, and it was really nice to use my skills and the thing I have studied all year, and help out with some sisters make their musical number even better.... little did they know that it was actually my major when they asked! Cool experience.

She told of (the then) Elder Monson visiting a mission. He spoke to a missionary from Georgia and asked how his family was. Through the conversation it turns out that he had been out for 8 months and neither of his parents had ever written to him. The tearful missionary then asked "Elder Monson- What should I do?" He thought for a second and really prayed and asked the Lord, what should I tell this brokenhearted missionary who wrote each week to his family like he was taught to. He said "Express your love and gratitude for them, and share some of your inspiring experiences as a missionary with them, and I promise you that before the end of your mission they will write you." So the Elder said he would. Elder Monson came back months later and the missionary approached him and told him this miracle "I did what you told me to do," and then he pulled out a recent letter he had received from home. "Dear Son, Your father will be ordained a Priest soon, and then he will baptize me, and we are excited because in a year we will fly out to your mission and we will all be sealed as a family in the closest temple before you come home." Wow.

Sister C had a similar experience on her mission. No one supported her coming on a mission. Her mom was less active and her dad a non member... in CHINA. She told us she read this story and took the counsel to heart. She said that the miracle was, that as soon as she started doing this, her mother started writing and just a while ago, she found out that her mom regained activity, and that her Dad was baptized months ago, and that she would be flying straight into Hong Kong, where they would meet her in a few weeks as she finishes her mission, and they would be sealed as a family there... forever. Wow.

I just bawlled when I heard this. This is the Gospel in action. This is what it is all about, Heavenly Father blessing all of His children with all that He has in store for them.

 Another experience happened this week that I will never forget. We had a motorcoach of about 47 English from all over the States. We were paired up with a sister from Australia and 1 from Hawaii, and as they were explaining the blessings of the Temple and why the pioneers built the SLC Temple, I happened to look to my left and see none other than Elder Oaks and Sister Oaks walking right behind us. I could do nothing but smile, and Sister Oaks waved at us with a knowingly look. Not one of those people in the motorcoach knew that an Apostle of the Lord, someone who would be speaking for the Lord in a week, just walked in front of them. It was so neat to be testifying and to then see Elder Oaks walk behind us as we taught about the Gospel.

 Another cool thing that happened was we taught the 1st Vision on CHAT this week. So neat! A guy  asked us, "So what did Joseph Smith see?" After we told him about the First Vision, (we can see what they type before they submit it),  we saw the words: "So"......(delete)  "Wow"...... (pause delete) "Umm"... (delete) "So what you're saying is"....   It was cool actually seeing the effect that miraculous Vision had in his mind... actually seeing the processing of the message. Pretty neat.

 AND even though I'm just in my second transfer, I had the opportunity to take some MTC sisters contacting on the Square. My comp was from TAIWAN!!!! (Taipei) Wow, we became close friends already. I love her so much! She has such a bursting testimony and was so excited to share the gospel and it really pumped me up to! Her favorite phrase all 4 hours was "can we go talk to them?" ahah she was great! Her name was Sister Tsai and she will be in the Hawaii Visitor Center. At the end, we talked some more and the unbelievable thing was: SHE IS A VIOLIN MAJOR at Snow before her mission and wants to come to BYU! aaaaahhhhh! :) It's neat how the mission connects you to people you would have never known before and will know/bump into the rest of your life! (especially here where I see 185 sisters each day all day long all the time-- it's a lot of estrogen but it's great! There's no place like it!)

So these are some quotes from Sister L that I'd like to leave you with:

"Times are hard. They will be! But we can choose to make it harder or we can choose to make it a little bit lighter."

"Darkness and Gloom will only be a short time, and then the light will come out again- don't worry!"

"Some say it is raining, so it is going to be a bad day. No!!! You've got your umbrella, and you can still enjoy the rain! And that way, you'll enjoy the sunshine even more!"  - Sister L
 
I love you all. Prepare for General Conference and keep notes, and ask Heavenly Father in your mind "What do I need to change, or do better on, or who can I help?" and then write down all the thoughts that come to mind throughout the talks. That is actually how I received the inspiration first to go on a mission.
 
 ---Sister Fisher






No comments:

Post a Comment