Sunday, December 9, 2012


Saturday, December 08, 2012
Transfer 4, Week 2? or 3? Something?


 Dearest Familia and Friends!

Wow. Time is flying. 

Not going to lie, we are exhausted from the Christmas season already, but that's what Pday is for!!! :)

It's been neat being able to talk to SO MANY people and run into some of you. I love the work so much. It's hard sometimes, disappointing when people don't want what you want for them, but I love being here and loving others and hopefully sharing a little bit of the love and vision Heavenly Father has for each one of them. Sister C and I have really learned how to enjoy every minute of it. I'm the happiest I have ever been in my life. 

 It's also been a huge blessing being able to perform with the Missionary Choir on my violin, and share my testimony through music especially in incredible locations like the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Tomorrow we'll perform for church, which will be neat too. This coming Monday will be our "General Authorities Mission Tour" I'm not sure exactly what that is, but apparently Elder Evans, the head of the Missionary Department is this year's general authority. So that should be cool too.

 I don't know how many stories there are to share this week. However, we've had some very interesting chats ...

(Here's one:)

Caller:  "I'm doing awesome!  you are a mormon right?
Us:  Yes we are, are you?
Caller:  No. I am living here in far rockaway and I saw your church here with the yellow vests helping out and so I was looking you guys up on the computer and found this website "

-----------------

 
And some really awesome inspirational images with quotes from Apostles. (see below)

As for the week, we've adopted this phrase in our zone: "call and ye shall find, drop and ye shall receive, invite and it shall be opened unto them." We've really tried to be diligent in this, this week and it has been pretty amazing! We hate dropping people, but at the end of the day, we may drop them, but the Lord never will. I love to hang onto people and think, well what if in a month they'll want the gospel, or I think maybe if I just call one more time they'll change their mind. No. We don't have to beg people. It's their choice. It's okay. We invite people to come closer to Christ, that's what we do. So as we exercised faith to drop people the Lord really did give us new people to call and teach! It's been pretty cool to see. We had too many people to work with before, and that's why He wouldn't give us more. We hit an epiphany, "The only people that you can help, are those that want to change." Amen. That's the truth. Sometimes people don't want what you want for them, even though you know it will bless their life. Heavenly Father still respects their agency, or their choice. We should too. We have to trust in His plan for them and that as we allow them to choose, we drop them and focus on others, and sort through to find those that really want to change, and we found some!

The other thing we've really worked on is inviting. We've been inviting people to be baptized. If they really want to change, they will want to be baptized because it will help them change and help them find Christ and become closer to Him! So.... we even did in on Mormon Chat. One person actually accepted! And another didn't.... but it was still good because we were able to see how sincere they were, if they really wanted to change or if they were just asking questions. See the chat above with the baptismal commitment.

Anyways!
I love the work. A lot of it is just that - work. But I love serving the Lord and doing whatever it is that He wants me to do. We're finding joy in chatting, placing and answering calls in Guest Services 6 hours a day, and saying hi to millions of people on the Square at night for the lights, taking pictures for people, loving my companion and laughing at myself, playing violin for crowds, proclaiming the Gospel, teaching and blessing people's lives, giving chocolate to homeless people, and wearing the Lord Jesus Christ's name on my badge over my heart.  Finding joy in the journey really is a choice. And it is the right choice! :)


 Merry Christmas,

Sister Fisher




 

No comments:

Post a Comment