Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday Mar 19, 2013
Transfer 6, Week 5: Aloha Oi, Mitt Romney, I'm a Mormon, and D baptizes his Mom


Aloha family and friends!!!


I know you're all wondering - am I going Outbound next transfer? No! But half my class is. I'm staying there at Temple Square and finishing up training Sister O, and going to be here for Conference now! (Yikes! It's that time again already?!) But I'll probably be gone Outbound the next transfer just in time for Mother's Day.... :)

*** BUT my new Pday is Wednesday. So yes. I will be emailing again tomorrow. WRITE ME! Before then :) Love you all. 
 
So the Assembly Hall Music from Around the World Concert we were really working hard to put together was a huge success. Thanks for all those who came! It made it really special too! The Lord is really blessing me as a violinist. It's amazing.

First and foremost, please pray for S. We haven't heard from him since Thursday, so we don't know if he was baptized or not. His family is not supportive so he needs your prayers.

However, something kind of amazing did happen! On Saturday, Sister G from North Carolina was in the Teaching Center and asked how I knew a D. S. I was so shocked. He was baptized in my 2nd transfer if you recall and I haven't been able to reach him since!  Turns out, D and his wife brought his mom to Temple Square and Sister G took them into God's Plan area, and she wanted missionaries, and Sister G told me that yesterday, D went back to California and BAPTIZED his Mom because He's had the Priesthood and he's fully active and it's great. He said to say hi to me when she was on the phone with his mom. They're going to wait until his mom can come with them through the Temple before they get sealed. 
TENDER MERCY. That's so neat.

Other cool thing - guess who emailed us out of the blue? M from Flowermound!!! Yes!! And yes, mom and dad, he's gonna call y'all and would LOVE to have dinner at your house. He went to church in Flower mound on Sunday and the FIRST lady he spoke with there at church happened to house the missionaries there! Miracle - I think yes. So he's gonna get a hold of them and we're going to get this young man all of the blessings God has in store for him!
 
Another cool thing is that we ran into none other than Mitt Romney and his wife and one of his sons. It was pretty crazy. 

And we met Paris, from I'm a Mormon (http://mormon.org/paris) at the food court when we were getting lunch. So it's been a kind of a celebrity-filled day. 

So a scripture I've been thinking about lately is Doctrine &Covenants 58:2-4, where Heavenly Father is reminding the Saints that He has a plan, and don't worry. Blessings will come. It may be hard right now, but it'll all work out.

For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.

 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.

 For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.

Hermana J B (from Utah SLC SOUTH Mission) came to Temple Square with her investigator and it was AWESOME! She's a great teacher and it was so neat to be able to lift her investigator together. There were 5 sister missionaries there- ha!!! But somehow we all taught in unity with the Spirit. She'll invite us to the baptism. It'll be neat. She's so prepared!

I'll email you tomorrow some more.
Love y'all tremendously!!
Sister Fisher
 
PS. The zone activity went splendid at the Dinosaur Museum. (except where Sister O's Sprite can had a hole that she put in her purse and didn't find until everything was swimming in Sprite. But even that worked out. No biggie. Even the keys were alright.)  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment