Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013
Subject: Transfer 12, Week 4: 17 (miracles)/missionaries later, and a baptism!
HE GOT BAPTIZED!
S was baptized this past Saturday, November 2. Wow it was neat. I got to do a
violin duet with the piano playing elder who was teaching him at the
University, we played: I am a Child of God. It
was another dream come true! Wow.
Then we received permission to attend his student ward and see him receive the
Gift of the Holy Ghost, and what do you know? It was Fast and Testimony Meeting
and he asked me if he was allowed to get up. Of course I said that he was, and
he got up there and bore his testimony. My face hurt from smiling through that
entire meeting.
He
later told us that he counted all of the missionaries that he had spoken with,
that hand knocked on his door in the past or that had taught him: 17
missionaries.
The
neatest thing was that his ward was having a Temple Day in the Salt Lake Temple
and he got to go and do baptisms just 3 days after his own baptism! Pretty
neat. He said it was really special, "tons of spirit", and that
"his heart was pounding" the entire time. There's few things better
than to be able to hear someone you've helped through all their concerns say
that finally! Aww just so neat! I'll be using him soon to be a member present
on a phone call where we will teach a man who just called in yesterday who used
to be a Southern Baptist Minister from Mississippi who is just tired
of hypocrisy in his congregations/other faiths and wanted to learn
more about why all the Mormon kids in his classroom are so much
better behaved than the other students.
I'm
just grateful to the Lord for putting those people in my life. I really truly
genuinely love the people I teach with all of my companions. That's the hardest
thing on your mission is letting them go, and letting them make choices for
themselves when you know it contrary to their happiness.
Helaman 13:38
"ye have sought for chappiness in doing
iniquity, which thing is dcontrary to the
nature of that righteousness which is in our great and Eternal Head."
Helaman 13:27
"Walk after the pride of your own hearts; yea, walk after the pride of your eyes, and do whatsoever your heart desireth—and if a man shall come among you and say this, ye will receive him, and say that he is a bprophet."
Helaman 11:32-34
"And the robbers did still increase and wax strong... and did do great destruction unto them; yea, did kill many, and did carry away others captive into the wilderness, yea, and more especially their women and their children. Now this great evil, which came unto the people because of their iniquity, did stir them up again in aremembrance of the Lord their God."
Helaman 12:6
"Behold, they do
not desire that the Lord their God, who hatha created them,
should brule and reign
over them; notwithstanding his great goodness and his mercy towards them, they
do set atcnaught his
counsels, and they will not that he should be their guide."
I think I shared what the Spirit taught me in my
study, so now onto a more optimistic point. So we can see that time is coming.
That it is happening! What an exciting thing? We know that the end is nigh!
What a wonderful thing to know if we are prepared! We shall not fear if we have
prepared. I am so excited to see our Savior again. I am so excited to have Him
reign and rule over all the nations and bring peace and rule in absolute
righteousness. I am so excited for Satan to be bound and for thousands of
Temples to dot the earth and for the wave of missionary work to blossom and
bloom and cover the continents. What an excited time to live in! The
opportunities we have to build the kingdom! I see it in the excitement of all
the members all around of opening their mouths and in how my referrals we
received at conference above and beyond that of the other two conferences I
have experienced on my mission. I see it in the amount of people on chat and
who call in to mormon.org with good questions
and with prepared hearts and minds. I see it in all of the desire of good
Christians and religious people alike to find truth and to stand up for what is
true and correct morally despite a demoralizing society.
Many of the sisters around me make comments to
see if I am sad to leave my mission in a few weeks and go home. I'm not. Why?
It isn't because I haven't absolutely loved every second of representing the
Lord and His church and bringing the gospel to everyone I meet, but it is
because of all of that. I'm not done here. I'm not through. When I am released
it doesn't mean the Lord has released me as a missionary! No no no! Instead I
have gone through 18 months of an extensive internship and now in just a few
weeks I will be released into my real job- spreading the joy of the gospel to
everyone I meet. Standing as a witness of God at all times and in all things
and all places! Everyone needs what we have! They are looking for it! They just
want to know how to be happy, and why they are not, and why we are! They want
to know why our families and marriages are so strong. They want to know how to
raise their children in a chaotic dangerous world!
Please send any referrals or anyone else in these last few weeks,
that you'd like me to call to share the gospel with to me. I will call them. I
would LOVE to. Call my mission's guest services at this phone number: 801 240 1706 and give the referral to Sister
Fisher.
I love you all and I know that there are MIRACLES with member
referrals.
It's because of a member who referred S again that he was
baptized this weekend.
Sister Fisher
I know God has never forgotten His
promises to me these last 17 months.

No comments:
Post a Comment