Friday, January 11, 2013
Transfer 5: Week 2---- Happy Birthday, Brasil, Brasil, Brasil, Portuguese lessons, and Elder Perry
Transfer 5: Week 2---- Happy Birthday, Brasil, Brasil, Brasil, Portuguese lessons, and Elder Perry
HELLO Friends and Family!
Because so much happened I'm just going to type up
my journal entry for this.
Day of Miracles. It started off with our two
investigators emailing us and H told us she got the job that we were all
praying for her to get! And the other went without smoking for 4 DAYS
cold turkey already! (Which we were also praying and fasting for!)
And then we accepted a Portuguese tour and when we got
there, they were the same people we took around the Beehive House on Sunday!!
They were so sweet and brought Brazilian chocolate for us :) yum yum! *(and
this awesome coconut stuff?)
It was a nice tour. And next we went to open the
Joseph Smith movie in the JSMB and we were so exhausted by the snow and cold
and went to the bathroom and on the way out I accidentally (as I was getting my
coat on) pocket dialed a random sister missionary and she happened to be at west gate
where they get tours and assign them and Sister O came on and I said
"Oh sorry for calling!" and she said "What? You want the 5
portuguese?" and of course we said yes. We didn't even know about it at
all. They had just barely receivied it and hadn't texted it out yet!! MIRACLE
#1.
It
was a whole family from Sao Paulo Brazil. They had never heard of our Church or
anything and they were ALL EYES and asked sincere questions the entire two hour
tour we were with them. IT WAS AWESOME. In the middle of the God’s Plan
presentation, I looked at my watch and saw that it was 6PM. At 6:30 Elder Perry
was coming to give a fireside but we hadn’t set things up for it because the tour went
kinda long. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn’t leave the tour
because I had to stay with my companion and this golden family. So I started
texting and left the room (I held the door open with my hand so I wasn’t apart
from my companera) and called some people but no one answered and I was
panicking and then realized the keys to the doors were not with us. Basically just horror. Chaos. Panic. Panic. Panic. And then, just as all
was lost, guess who walked by... The only sister missionaries who had the keys, just passing by, talking to no
one yet.
They
rescued us. They ran and grabbed the keys and started opening up the
theater. By 6:15, we invited the family to learn more and THEY ACCEPTED. Miracle
#2. A whole Brazilian family of 4 + a girlfriend. They were really touched.
Golden family. Then we scurried to the theater to find a microphone and podium for Elder Perry,
and miraculously, a working microphone and a beautiful podium, was already
there. Miracle #3.
So
we just smiled and acted like everything was under control and waited for Elder
Perry to come, and ushered all the people into the Theater. Oh, and I
breathed. J At 6:28, from the
entrance, an apostle of the Lord and his wife walked up to us. Elder
Perry’s wife is so classy and kind. I shook her hand and then I looked up
(because he was very tall) and said hello to Elder Perry and I shook his
outstretched hand. The only thing he said to me was, “What worthwhile thing have
you accomplished today?” And I was astonished because I realized amidst the
chaos and adrenaline in the last 15 minutes, that we had just given a beautiful
Portuguese family the gift of the gospel. So I told him, “We were able to teach 5
wonderful Brazilians about the gospel and they accepted to receive
missionaries.”
It
was really neat. They went in and my companion assumed that we should go like
we usually do and introduce and welcome everyone, but honestly, and apostle of
the Lord walked in the room, I’m not going to ssay aaaaaannnnything.
So
we closed the doors and put up the reserved sign just for Elder Perry’s
daughter (?) to walk up and ask us how to work the microphone, and so we came
back in while they sang I am a Child of God, and I walked down and crouched and
gave Elder Perry the microphone and showed him how to turn it on and off.
He was so gracious and kind and said thank you.
And
then we miraculously took a couple through God’s Plan presentation, and realized that all our
number goals for the day were accomplished. Miracle #4.
Guests
Goal = 4, actual = 6
Member
Goal = 6, actual = 6
Received
Goal = 1, actual = 1
It
was amazing. The restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. Wow.
Love
you all, thanks for your support and kind wishes this week!
Love,
Sister
Fisher
One
year older and wiser too.
Oh, and PS- It's a blizzard here. We just closed the buildings of all the Visitor Centers here for a snow day. Too much snow even for Utah! Like a foot and a half. CRAZY.
Also, just by the way, 141,000 people visited us at Temple Square in the month of December.
And last year, we baptized in this mission a whole stake of people. Crazy. wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment