Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013
Transfer 10, Week 1: I'm old! Back in SLC, Miracles, baptisms, and smiling faces--- and VIVA BRASIL!!!
Family and Friends!
I left Wyoming with peace in
my heart and hope in my eyes. The Lord really blessed me with the peace of His
spirit and just brought me great joy there, and also great joy back here in
Temple Square. At first I didn't want to leave, but a week before my departure
I was given the desire to only do what the Lord wanted and be at peace with
everything. I really feel that and am grateful for it. It's been WONDERFUL
being here with the sisters at Temple Square. They really do feel like my
"mission family". It was very fun in the airport to see some of these
wonderful sisters and just leap for joy and hug them and look at their even
wiser and more joyful faces.
Speaking of the plane ride! It's been my secret goal to give someone a Book of Mormon in the airport or on one of my flights as a missionary, and I felt pressure because I'd so far not been able to, and this plane ride was my last flight of my mission. So I placed a Book of Mormon in my bag in faith that the Lord sends His prepared people to His prepared servants. And He did! I sat by the wonderful Montana-ite Sue, and we talked the whole hour journey. She has had the lessons before because the elders a long time ago- lived in her basement! Turns out she already has a Book of Mormon, but she did say that she wouldn't mind me calling her at Temple Square, and sharing with her more later. Very cool!
Next miracle- guess who
picked me up from the airport? MY BABY! (The sister I trained for 3 months
before I left for Montana) Sister Opeda. She came with her new sister who she
is training a sister from Taichung Taiwan. It's a small, small world.
We had three generations in that car, and I became a grandma. (In the
missionary genealogy world) But Sister Opeda told me the miracle that she'd
been dying to share with me for the last few days. The family that I gave her
to call, who we met in the Beehive house last April, has continued to learn
about the gospel. Mom is less active, and recently got her temple recommend
back again, and the two teen-aged sons were baptized this weekend, all because
their flight was delayed and we gave them a tour, Mom felt the spirit and
testified of what she knew to be true, we gave them copies of the Book of
Mormon, and the sons promised to read them, and we testified of how the
scriptures had helped us in our lives. AND...... They're moving to SALT LAKE
CITY from Florida and we'll get to see them again!
Next miracle- on the square
last night, my zone leaders ran into none other than.... Daniel!!!! The guy I
met with his LDS girlfriend a year ago almost exactly, back in my second week
in the field who was baptized. Well since then, he's gotten the priesthood, got
married, moved to Orem, told his Mom about the church, she came to Temple
Square, another sister called and taught her over the phone, she got baptized,
and now Daniel wants us to call his Dad and share the gospel with him. My zone
leaders gave the referral to me, and now my companion and I get to call him and
catch up and then also call and teach his Dad! And the best part- is that he
and his new wife will be sealed in the Salt Lake City Temple in two months. SUPER
MIRACLE! Wow.
Wow. What's my message for
this week? Don't give up. The miracles are around the corner. The blessings
will come for obedience and hard work and diligence. Patience is required for
faith and hope. The Lord knows exactly when and where we need to be. He knows
us so well. Go forward and leap in faith to new paths!
I love this work. I love my
Savior Jesus Christ and I know that no matter what we have done, we can be
forgiven. Heavenly Father's plan is perfect. He has made it so that there are
no loop holes or places we will fail or fall, unless we choose to disobey the
plan. We have a guarantee from His Son, Jesus Christ that as long as we follow
Him we don't need to doubt, fear or sink into despair. All things will come
together for our good. Trials will not last forever. The sunshine always
comes out after the rain. After the trial of our faith we will have a period of
rest, and we will become stronger. We don't have to hold onto everything. We
can let go and give it to our Heavenly Father, and His Son Jesus Christ can
lift us up when we fall and heal our bruises- bruised bodies, bruised feelings,
bruised spirits. All things will be made right! The victory has already been
won.
I love this work. I love
Temple Square. I love Wyoming. I know that the gospel is the key.
Love,
Sister Fisher
No comments:
Post a Comment